1. They believe in you even when you’ve stopped believing in yourself
2. They respect your boundaries, and don’t try to manipulate or control you
3. They’re faithful and loyal – and are always there to listen when you truly need them
4. They put up with your annoying little quirks and habits…
I define myself by the courage I’ve found to forge new roads.
I do not define myself by how many disappointments I’ve faced.
I define myself by the forgiveness and faith I’ve found to start again.
I do not define myself by how long a relationship lasted.
I define myself by how much I have loved, and am willing to love again.
I do not define myself by how many times I’ve been knocked down.
I define myself by how many times I’ve struggled to my feet.
I am not my pain.
I am not my past.
I am that which has emerged from the fire.
|—||Unknown (via onlinecounsellingcollege)|
1. They’re not easily offended, and don’t take things personally
2. They’re accepting, non-judgmental and always want the best for you
3. They respect others’ perspectives, needs and boundaries
4. They listen well to others, and try to see their point of view
5. They’re kind and understanding, warm, respectful and accepting
6. They’re trustworthy and loyal, and they think the best of you
1. Nothing you can say or do is good enough
2. They comment on the smallest flaw or perceived imperfection
3. They drag up your past and won’t allow you to be different
4. They act like they are fabulous and never make mistakes
5. They leave you feeling guilty and ashamed of who you are
"Create in me a clean heart, O God, and put a new and right spirit within me." (Psalms 51:10)
If you need a new beginning today, in any area of your life, allow Christ to make you a new creation and the old will pass away! He will put a new and right spirit within you when you call upon His name! This year, make your relationship with Him your number one priority. As you develop an intimacy with Him through daily prayer and the study of His Word, you will experience the joy of newness of life!